- Notes on using this site
Notes on using this site
This Notes on using this site (hereinafter referred to as “this Notice”) shall apply to the use by its user (hereinafter referred to as “User”) of the services provided at the plastics product information site “Engineering Plastics Information Comprehensive Site” (hereinafter referred to as “Site”) operated by Asahi Kasei Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “Asahi Kasei”).
The User shall be regarded to have consented to all provisions of this Notice if the User uses the Site.
Scope and Modification
The respective terms and conditions which Asahi Kasei provides to the User through the Site from time to time shall constitute part of this Notice, regardless of their title.
Asahi Kasei is entitled to modify this Notice upon notice to the User in a manner Asahi Kasei deems appropriate without any consent of the User.
The User shall be regarded to have consented to the modification if the User uses the Site subsequent to such notification.
All documents, data, photographs, illustrations, animation, software, and the like on the Site are protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks, or other rights owned by Asahi Kasei or its affiliates (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Asahi Kasei”) or third parties.
The User shall be regarded to have consented that Asahi Kasei or third parties own such rights and not to act in any manner to violate such rights.
In using the site, the User is prohibited from the following:
- Disclosure, delivery or assignment of ID, password, or the like to third parties.
- Improper access using ID and password of other Users
- Offer to provide information from the Site, in whole or in part, to third parties by way of duplication, transmission, reproduction, delivery, distribution, or the like without permission
- Transmission or input of harmful computer programs, data, or the like (including contaminated program, data, etc. with virus)
- Violation of laws or ordinances (including potential violation)
Privacy and Personal Information
Compensation for Damage and Indemnification
The User shall use the Site at its own risk and responsibility.
The User shall indemnify and hold Asahi Kasei harmless from any claim or damage incurred by other Users or third parties arising out of the use of the Site by the User, and the User shall resolve such claim or damage at its own responsibility and expense.
Asahi Kasei is entitled to claim damages to the User and the User shall assume liability to the damages in the event that any violation of this Notice or other terms and conditions or illegal or undue act or omission by the User brings damage to Asahi Kasei.
Asahi Kasei does not assume any liability as to the following:
- Interruption or suspension of services, delay of information provision, or the like due to equipment malfunction, man-made disaster, natural disaster, or the like;
- Completeness or accuracy of the information provided;
- Third-party damage or the like arising from use of the information provided;
- Effects on the hardware, software, or the like of the User (including effects of computer programs, data, or the like contaminated with a virus); or
- Other damage incurred by the User arising from the use of the Site.
Non-assignment and Confidentiality
The User shall not assign to third parties the status, rights or obligations under the use agreement for the Site without permission from Asahi Kasei.
The User shall be prohibited from disclosing or transferring to third parties any confidential information pertaining to the business of Asahi Kasei or other Users which the User comes to know by using the Site.
Asahi Kasei does not assume any liability for damage incurred by the User itself, other Users, or third parties, arising from such disclosure or transfer of confidential information by the User.
Links to Third-party Websites
The Site may include links to websites operated by third parties. Asahi Kasei does not assume any liability for the content of such websites.
The existence of a link to a third-party website shall not be interpreted as a recommendation by Asahi Kasei of the content of the website, nor as construing any relationship between Asahi Kasei and the operator of the website.
This Notice and all related documents are prepared in the Japanese language, and only the Japanese version shall be regarded as an original text.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The User and Asahi Kasei agree that the use of the Site and this Notice and all relevant documents shall be governed and bound by laws of Japan and local ordinances of the Tokyo Metropolitan Prefecture.
Asahi Kasei does not portray nor represent on the Site that the contents of the Site are appropriate or the like. The User shall use the Site of its own volition and on its own responsibility.
Unless otherwise provided, any dispute or controversy in connection with or arising out of the use of the Site shall be referred to Tokyo District Court as an exclusive trial venue.